If you have a story to tell, new work to unveil, an idea to discuss, an issue to debate – Melbourne Design Week is made for you. Melbourne Design Week is Australia’s leading international public design event, delivered each year by the teams at Creative Victoria and NGV working in close collaboration with a broad network of institutions, media organisations, and industry partners. Our objective is to provide a compelling annual platform, backed by the expertise and reach of the NGV, for participants to engage a broad audience with their work and ideas.
- Melbourne Design Week is Australia’s annual opportunity to connect with the design community, be inspired, network and do business.
- Participants can reach a broad public audience in Melbourne, regional Victoria and online.
- It is free to present an event during Melbourne Design Week. No registration fees apply.
- The Melbourne Design Week program – spanning metropolitan Melbourne and across Victoria – receives significant marketing, media and curatorial support from the NGV.
- Marketing and media activities reach an extensive audience through a comprehensive digital and social media campaign, e-news, print coverage and targeted media outputs in the lead up to, and during, Melbourne Design Week.
In total, over 800 events have been presented during Melbourne Design Week since its inception in 2017. Now entering its sixth year, Melbourne Design Week 2021 builds on the success of previous years, engaging with diverse industry sectors and an active design community to offer an ever-expanding program of exhibitions, launches, talks, tours, workshops and more.